Monday, May 25, 2009

Reflections on the last audioconference

To my wonderful students: Once again I want to thank you for engaging so vigorously in discussion. I found the discussion last night to be very interesting. I was moved by the eloquence of your words, particularly on the subjects of hospitality and worship. What surprised me most was the diversity in the definitions of the missional church. I wish we could have another conversation to continue to hash the components of a good definition.

For me the definition has to include the missio dei, the sending of the Son and the Spirit for the redemption of the world. So perhaps I would define the missional church as a community of Christ's followers who take seriously their call to engage with the mission of the triune God in Christ and through the power of the Spirit.

Keep thinking and exploring these issues! Blessings to you all.

No comments: