Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last audioconference and last assignment

I've been thinking about our last audioconference, and I'd like to leave some time at the end for us to propose and discuss possible definitions of "missional church." So I invite you do to some thinking between now and then about how you would respond if someone came up to you and said, "You've been taking a paper on the missional church. After studying it for a semester, how would you describe what it is?"

For the last assignments, please email them to me as well as mail them in. That will help me with the marking.

I'm still enjoying your blog posts. Keep up the great work!

1 comment:

Julie Harper said...

Its going to take some time for me to process all the ideas about the missional church. So as far as the missional church is concerned I'll stick to the concept of the missio dei. The God who sent his Son, Jesus, Jesus sending the Holy Spirit is sending the church- indeed to quote Dobbs the Holy Spirit has gone before and is leading the missional church into the twenty first century.
What is the missional church- it is a world wide anointing of the Holy Spirit to bring the body of Christ from an inward looking club, back to its roots as a body on a mission, to interact with and in the local context in which it finds itself. The new outward looking church is exciting, and I want to be part of it.