Thursday, August 14, 2008

discussion topics for audioconference Aug 18

On Monday night we'll begin with a discussion of what everyday life was like 50 years ago. We'll begin there because I often think the church's perception of itself is stuck in the 1950s. Then we'll talk about what has changed in the last 50 years and the implications of those changes. You can draw on the readings as you bring up those changes. I'm also hoping that many of you will have done an Internet search about aspects of daily life so you can tell us what you found online.

I want to spend about a half hour discussing the reading from The Crisis of Care, so please be sure to read that chapter carefully. I'm looking forward to our discussion Monday.

To those of you who have sent in your assignments, thanks very much. I'll begin marking next week, so I don't have anything to say about them yet.

No comments: