Tuesday, July 22, 2008

People leaving church

I got an email from a student in the paper who gave me permission to quote from it:
"This has become an even more interesting topic for me following both the audio conference call and having the Assembly executive Secretary of the PCANZ speak at Presbytery last week. He said that over the last 10 years an average of 75 people per month are leaving the Presbyterian Church in New Zealand. The interest for me from the 1st audio was when Craig mentioned about funerals and they are becoming more secular . I thoughts of our own parish in particular and how many 'rites of passage' type services, weddings, funerals and baptisms the minister does out of the church, kind of secular etc and this may be some thing I investigate further in this topic."

No comments: